Health Homes provide guidance and support for a healthier future.
A Health Home is not a place; it is a group of healthcare and service providers working together to make sure you get the care and services you need to stay healthy (New York State Department of Health). Our mission is to provide client-centered care management, advocacy and healthcare coordination for those with chronic and complex health and mental health care conditions. We work to eliminate barriers and improve health outcomes while reducing unnecessary utilization of the healthcare system.
University Behavioral Associates’ (UBA) Care Management Agency offers the following:
- Comprehensive care management—A dedicated care manager will assess unique healthcare and psychosocial needs while making goals to improve and maintain health and wellness.
- Care coordination—Assistance in navigating the healthcare system (medical appointments, transportation, obtaining medications, transitions from hospital to home, and links to community-based services and government benefits) is provided.
- Information and referrals to preventive, wellness and supportive programs—Examples include diabetes and asthma management, smoking cessation, proper nutrition, screenings, self-help and support groups.
- Information and advocacy—Assistance in understanding healthcare needs, providers’ recommendations and improved communication among providers and the client.
Bronx Accountable Healthcare Network
UBA’s Care Management Agency is a leading partner of the Bronx Accountable Health Care Network (BAHN) Health Home, led by Montefiore Medical Center. To learn more about BAHN, click here.
The Health Home Program is available to certain recipients of New York State Medicaid who are faced with serious and chronic health and mental health conditions and need support to navigate the healthcare system. UBA’s Care Management Agency is free of charge to eligible Medicaid recipients* over the age of 21.
Examples of qualifying conditions include:
- Asthma or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Drug or Alcohol Abuse
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Serious Mental Illness
*Eligibility is determined by New York State Medicaid and is based on the type of illness(es) and need for intensive care management. For further information about Medicaid Health Homes, please contact the Medicaid Managed Care Plan directly or:
For more information about UBA’s Health Home care management, please contact
University Behavioral Associates Care Management Agency:
(Intake and Enrollment Department)
Address: Montefiore Medical Center
2005 Jerome Avenue
Bronx, NY 10467
To download a copy of our referral form, click here.